Having a hard time finding a certain component

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sjvirchow, Apr 22, 2011.

1. sjvirchow macrumors newbie

I received a 17' Macbook Pro (non unibody) from my grandma because she didn't need it anymore. It appears she (or somebody) salvaged the Hard Drive. I noticed this Macbook is missing the Hard Drive bracket that goes on the right side of the drive. This Macbook is also missing all the screws to secure the top panel (keyboard and trackpad.) I ordered a complete screw set off of the internet, but I cannot for the life of me find a hard drive bracket! So I my question is:

Where would I be able to find a hard drive bracket (and screws with dampeners, or are those included in the complete screw set?)

I've looked on eBay, but no such luck.

Attached Files:

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

did it occur to you the machine could be salvaged as is because it is no longer functional?

3. sjvirchow thread starter macrumors newbie

Before I even touched the Macbook, I went into my local Authorized Apple Repair place, and they plugged in a hard drive though a SATA to USB adapter, and it booted just fine. The logic board is still in perfect working order.

4. jdoelger macrumors newbie

5. sjvirchow thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't believe that's the correct one. This Macbook is a 2.4Ghz Model from 2007, while pbparts says that bracket is for 2009 Macbook Pros.
    I'm ordering most everything else I need from powerbookmedic.com.

6. sjvirchow thread starter macrumors newbie

7. jdoelger macrumors newbie

No problem, good luck! Damn things will nickel and dime you to death. Before you know it you've got 30 screws and two brackets and $150 gone.

8. sjvirchow thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually i got to wondering, if the screws are included in the complete screw set, wouldn't a hard ware store have the grommets? That's a lot cheaper than buying them off pbparts.com for $14.00.

9. jdoelger macrumors newbie