Having a hard time picking between these two!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jc0481, Aug 10, 2007.

?

Which program do you prefer?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2007.
  1. Launchbar

16.7%
  2. Quicksilver

83.3%
  1. jc0481 macrumors regular

I just installed Launchbar 4.3.2 and have Quicksilver installed I believe it is build 3800. Anyways I use it mostly for launching apps and open files. I like the extensibility of Quicksilver but Launchbar seems faster to me. I am not sure which one to get. I would like to know which one is better with the computer resources since I am on a macbook and not a macpro, macbook pro or an imac. What do you guys prefer and what made you pick either launchbar or quicksilver. Thanks

2. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Quicksilver launches stuff, but also has other features too which you may (or may not) find useful. I LOVE the iTunes "triggers." You can set key combos to do things like change songs or pause music in iTunes from other applications. So I can skip to the next iTunes song while in Firefox by hitting option + command + right arrow key. Go back with that and left arrow key, pause with that and down arrow key... plus it can do a ton of other things I'm still learning about.

3. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

I voted for Quicksilver, but may give Launchbar another look as I'm not realy using QS for anything that Launchbar wont do.