Having a hard time using redsnow

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Whitneyoaks11, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Whitneyoaks11 macrumors newbie

hey guys im using redsnow jailbreak and i have a IOS of 4.2.1 on my itouch. Also im using Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 version. OK when i download my 4.2.1 firmware its always a zipped file and i cant access them when using redsnow to jailbreak my idevice. It would help alot if u guys could help me. This is my first idevice ever so yea im a newb. Im using windows OS on my laptop if it helps at all.

2. Synthion, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

Synthion macrumors regular

Okay, first, warranty, risk, blah, blah...

Second: Greenpois0n 4.2.1 is coming untethered any day now, so you might want to wait...

BUT! Here is how you do it. Unzip it. (unfamiliar with windows unzipping tools) edit: I use stuffit expander free on my mac, and I just found out they have a windows version. go for that. than look for an xxxxxxx.ipsw file. That's your firmware.:D

Reply with questions.

3. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

There are hundreds of tutorials on the interwebnet where you can follow step by step instructions

1. Right click and press unzip file on windows. (for your firmware)
    2. Run redsn0w and then point it in the direction of the file you just unzipped.

if you have any specific questions they would be easier to answer as I am not sure on your exact problem