having a hard time with the anti-glare display on a 15" MPB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wonderingleft, Sep 9, 2013.

1. wonderingleft macrumors newbie

Hey people -

I'm new around here - but I've got a strange problem I'm not sure what to do with. My early 2011 MPB 256mg ATI that I loved was stolen - it had a regular glossy display. I've since (two weeks later) replaced it with a 2012 MPB anti-glare high res with the 1gig nVidia.. I use matte displays all the time at work, but I've never experienced such tired eyes after using this computer. Is this normal with the anti-glare MPB? Is there some time it takes to adjust to using it? The display is gorgeous, the computer is whisper silent, but...... the eye tiredness is concerning me. I've adjust the resolution to match my old machine, but it's still happening.

Any else experience this going from glossy to anti-glare? Did it ever get better?

(for what it's worth, the lappy has a toshiba panel)

2. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

Maybe it's due to the high resolution?

I have no problems with my anti-glare screen. I got a Samsung panel though which is the best anti-glare screen panel Apple uses.

3. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

I haven't had any issues with eye strain with mine, perhaps try adjusting the brightness? :confused:

Why would you do that? Running the display at a non-native resolution makes it look like crap, the graphics will be fuzzy and this will likely make your problem even worse. I'd recommend setting it back to "Best for display" and go from there.

I have both currently, neither one gives me any problems with eye strain. :confused: