Having a laptop crisis, change my MB(U)P for a iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nojja, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Nojja macrumors member

Hello.

So i am half year into my MB unibody. 2.0 GHZ. I say, MBP because nobody i know understands that there were normal MB aluminium once upon a time.

There is a half a year left of the guarantee/Warranty which makes it still attractive for people to buy. Before i bought it i had a alu iMac which i sold because i thought i was gonna need a laptop at the university i started this fall. Well, that was wrong because i never use it outside my room. So now i was gonna buy a external display+wireless apple keyboard and mouse and it struck me that it would be a better affair for me to go with the iMac than buy all those things.

My questions is:

Would you do it if you were me?
    Is it stupid to buy new computers every year? I feel like i am a shopaholic and how do you explain to your parents that your not.
    Do you guys also get this impulses were you all of sudden cannot resist new products and feels like your current setup is loosing money everyday.

2. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

id stick with the mb... id try going to the or coffee shop with it and see if you like studyingthere. i personally dont like desktops honestly.

i can understand the whole gadget obsession though however im 27 and buy my own toys and pay for grad school :) plus if you go home you can take the mb with you so less likelihood of theft.

3. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

No. It's called "marketing". Stop watching so much TV.