Having a lot of Trouble. Phone keeps freezing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by meagain, Aug 9, 2008.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

I'm having difficulty. I upgraded to 2.0.1 and ran Pwnage 2.0.2. I loaded up a few apps and kept getting frozen at the "return to cydia" button after the load was complete. At some point I couldn't unfreeze it. (Pineapple log 24/7).
    I restored, re-pwned, and all looked fine till I updated two official apps. Locked up again.

The only way I see how to get out of being frozen is to hold down both buttons for a while then release. This gives me a Pineapple that sits there. My phone is toast again.

I don't hear of any reports like this so I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong. I guess I'll blow out my phone again and keep trying.

2. jmcclain145 macrumors regular

jmcclain145

try using the newest version of winpwn 2.0.0.4

3. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

4. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

The only thing that makes sense is a corrupt .ipsw I would try to re-install pwnage and / or re-download the origial 2.0.1 ipsw Might be worth going about things in expert mode and disabling the custom logo just in case. Is it an AT&T sim / contract. If so disable the activation.

5. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

Yea, I did everything a few times over again. It seems to be working now. I "think". It feels very precarious to me.
    Tethering is a complete failure so I'm trying the 'free' method.

I've messed around with our phones since initial launch but never encountered such problems (on 2 phones) as I had today (visions of taking it to the Apple store, etc.). Scarey. But I think it's working. Hopeing for updates soon.