Having a problem finding Flash Player for G5

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by clockwise33, Mar 8, 2011.

1. clockwise33 macrumors newbie

I have a dual 1.8 G5 running 10.5 w/ 2.5gb ram. Its got plenty of muscle for web browsing ect. but I have run into a wall trying to find a version of Flash player that will allow me to watch Hulu. Funny thing is, I can watch Hulu with no problem on my 12" Powerbook 1.5ghz. Both computers are running Tenfourfox. What version of Flash should I be looking for?

Thanks.

2. WGoins88 macrumors regular

10.1 is the latest Flash for the PowerPC models.

3. Mgman macrumors newbie

Adobe Flash for Power Mac G5 10.4.11 OS

I acquired a late 2005 Power Mac G5 with a 10.4.11 Tiger OS - dual core 2.0 processor, 2.5 gig of RAM, model A1177, from our company. As it was flushed and updated as far as it could go, I noted that when trying anything on the web that had a video, including Hulu and Youtube, nothing played. In trying to install the Adobe latest flash player they said was compatible, it said upon installation, that as of last month, Adobe no longer has a flash version that works with this version. So, I got Apple on the phone who confirmed that this G5 won't work with any of the Adobe Flash versions and I needed to contact Adobe ( by paying them to speak to me) to see if they have anything that would work with this unit.
    I am new to Mac and I know a PC/Windows has the Media Player as back up for this type thing but other than Quick Time, which most videos are not compatible with, Mac has nothing else that I know of to use to open these video sites.
    Does anyone have this model and if so, do you have some component on your system that will run internet based videos?

Thanks

4. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

Try Mactubes... on settings set the player on quicktime.

5. Mgman macrumors newbie

Mactubes

This processor is not Intel ( not sure what it is as its make is not identified but does say 2.0 GHz PowerPC 970MP G5 processor). One of the requirements for Adobe Flash that is supposed to work with this, is an Intel processor. Mactubes also indicated that Intel was required. So...not sure what to do but I have to believe there are others out there with this vintage G5 with the same processor that has something that plays videos.

6. stroked Suspended

stroked

Look again. mactubes works great on a PPC. It only works with Youtube.

7. skinniezinho macrumors 6502a

It is under "archieved versions"..direct link on the Powerpc FAQ on my sig..hope it helps :D

8. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

Your PowerPC PowerMac G5 has more than enough the power to play those videos. It is just the coding with Adobe Flash that sucks. I can play youtube videos on my less powerful PowerMac with G4 Cpu. Youtube videos are are coded in h.264 as well, install click to flash and play youtube videos in h.264 not flash.