Having Album Art Issues (Pics Inside)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by STidrvr, Aug 13, 2011.

1. STidrvr macrumors member

Just recently I started having album art issues with a iPhone 3G 16gb. Im currently running 3.1.3 and this is a fresh "install" of the OS using the DFU procedure. The problem is, is that the album art on my podcasts are getting replaced with what seems to be the album art shown for Genius Mixes (where it has a group of four albums.

This is what it should look like:

[​IMG]

This is what it ends up looking like:

[​IMG]

When a podcast is selected to get access to the individual episodes the album art from those are switched with episodes from other podcast.

Correct album art with files:

[​IMG]

Wrong album art with files:

[​IMG]

I just noticed, after seeing the Genius style grouping of album art, that the album art in the Genius Mixes have Genius style album art in the Genius album art. Confused yet? Heres a pic to explain:

[​IMG]

You can see that albums 2, 3, and 4 have one album art, but the first is a grouping of 4 alubms.

Im also getting this error everytime I sync my iPhone now:

[​IMG]

A thread here on Macrumors led me to the Apple site telling me to reset my sync history. I did that and it fixed it once, then today when I connected my iPhone to get the iOS screenshots that I posted, the error popped up again. At first I thought that maybe it was because the iPhone is "disconnected" (I'm using it as a touch basically), but the same thing came up when I sync my wifi iPad.

For the the album art, if I uncheck the box for syncing podcasts, so that it removes them all from the iPhone, and then resync them back onto the Iphone, the album art is correct. But the next time that I sync the iPhone to add podcasts it gets jacked up again.

2. STidrvr thread starter macrumors member

The only thing that I havent tried is to completely uninstall iTunes and start over by reinstalling and copying my iTunes folder back in. But Im thinking that this is somehow related to a problem with the Library.xml file on the iPhone itself.