iPad Having an error with a cydia pkg?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by benji888, Oct 8, 2013.

1. benji888, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013

benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

what is happening here? Every time I go to Cydia over the last week or so, I get a 404 error with something that seems to be related to Cydia,so I can't remove it and install it again...or can I?

edit: now I'm getting multiple errors...are these not necessary things to be working? ...sorry, I'm not sure how this all works, but, seems like anything that is part of Cydia came with it, part of system of jailbreak, necessary?

(edit: pic removed)

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That's mostly a pirating repo. Discussion of piracy is not allowed on MacRumors.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

4. benji888 thread starter macrumors 65816

benji888

??

I jailbroke to delete extra language files and get less lag from the keyboard...I waited for iOS 6 to come out and no more updates for iPad 1. I did not jailbreak for apps.
    But, isn't it part of Cydia? I can't remove it can I? ...plus, now I have multiple errors?? (see new pic uploaded today)

I've had this jailbroken for a long time, usually any errors go away if I try again later...now I have more?

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

If you are jailbroken a long time you should kown that the iHacksrepo is not a standard Cydia repo and mainly used for pirated apps.

Deleting it will get rid of the problem.

The utrasn0w repo is a standard Cydia repo and does give some error once in a while. just ignore that error.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Doesn't Cydia even present a popup stating that the repo you're trying to add has been identified by the community as distributing pirated software that you must accept before it will allow you to add the repo?

7. benji888 thread starter macrumors 65816

benji888

Ok, I removed it, now no errors. ...things seem to be ok, so not sure what I removed. :confused:

Alright, let's hope I didn't screw something else up. My sources now are:

BigBoss
    Cydia/Telesphoreo
    Dev Team
    insanelyi Repository
    ModMyi.com
    ZodTTD & MacCiti

am I good?

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

insanelyi also distributes pirated materials. Cydia has a popup for that site as well.

9. benji888 thread starter macrumors 65816

benji888

ugh. that's the one that has the script to delete caches and logs and stuff. This is harmless, why is it considered pirate, I'm not trying to get an app for free or anything? This is so confusing...where can I go to read what I can and cannot do with jailbreak...It's never been clear to me? (it's deleted now).

10. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Are you referring to iCleaner Pro? If yes, the official repo for it is http://exile90software.com/cydia/

It's consider a pirate source because it contains mostly pirated stuff on it.........?

You can do anything you wish to your device, there's nothing saying you can't do this or that