Having an issue with DFU

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BlindSoul, Jun 9, 2011.

1. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hello.

My friend got an iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.3 and its white.
    Im trying to use Redsnow rc16 to jailbreak it and everytime i try going into DFU mode it gets into recovery mode, and its seriously not my first time jailbreaking an iPhone... I did jailbreak all kinds and never had such issue... I mostly think its because of the reason its white... I seriously need help here. My friend is gonna be so dissapointed after i also restored her iPhone and all her apps got removed... Please!!!

Thank you very much!
    Edit: I also must say i did try changing computers, cabels, restarts...

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

redsn0w couldn't make it any simpler. calm down and make sure you're following the directions, including having the device both plugged in and off at the start of the process. Hint: plug in and THEN turn it off to begin the DFU process as per redsn0w instructions.

3. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Whenever I connect the iPhone to the Cable again it just start it on so I have to re-shut it down...
    It's so odd. I never had this before and I did enter DFU so many times...

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

Ok, are you following previous advice? if the device is OFF it should ALREADY BE PLUGGED IN. Why are you plugging in a device that is shut off and being surprised when it turns on?

Step 1: PLUG IT IN

Step 2: TURN IT OFF

Sorry if you have already done this but your phrasing makes me think very strongly that this is not the case. Like AJ said, you might want to try a different cable or usb port if the problem persists.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I promise the white iPhone is not the problem. 1st fallow redsn0w 2nd fallow Applejuice, then redsn0w again. ;)

7. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Oh well, I tried like 3 USB ports on every computer, and three different cables... Is there any chance its because its on windows 7??
    Cause i currently got no Mac at home... Sold mine and waiting for my new iMac to arrive...