Having Battery Problems on iPhone 5. 7% down in 30 minutes of usage.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mystikal, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Well, I am frustrated. I am now having battery problems on my replacement iPhone 5. With my first one, I took it to the Apple store and they confirmed (twice) that my problems were software related. Apps were crashing, along with SMS, Calendar, and springboard.
    With that, here are the things I have tried:

What I tried on 6.0:
    Restored my phone and set it up as new
    Restored my phone and restored from a backup

What I tried on 6.0.1 (and on my replacement phone)
    Restored my phone and restored from iCloud backup (with apps)
    Restored my phone and restored from iCloud backup (without apps, downloaded them manually)

Restoring my phone and setting it up as new.
    Restoring my phone and restoring from iCloud backup (with apps).
    Restoring my phone and restoring from iCloud backup (without apps, redownloaded them manually)

After all of this, I still have apps crashing and my battery draining way too fast. Unless down 7% after 30 minutes of WiFi usage is normal...I feel like I am not getting good battery life at all. Should I go back to the Apple store? Should I restore, set up as new, and redownload all apps manually?

I am running out of ideas and don't want to have to go back to the apple store for the 3rd time regarding these issues. I just feel like anything I try is useless when I download an app from the app store and it crashes on 2 phones, 2 firmwares.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. EggrollShop macrumors member

Try setting up as a new phone and don't take anything from iCloud. Or you could trying going into settings and setting everything ack to default.

3. xdxdaustin macrumors regular

OP how did that work out for you? I'm in the same boat; just got my 5 a few days ago and the battery has been draining like no other! Right now I'm trying the set up as new trick and hopefully that helps.

4. Nam Pla macrumors member

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I had battery issues with my 4s when I first got it. A friend told me to let it run down really low, then fully recharge, and do that several times. Said that when they're new, the batteries need to set in.

Maybe myth, maybe not, but over time my battery life seemed to improve.

5. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

Very true. My iPhone 5 battery life was pretty poor 4.5 hrs of usage. After 3 weeks I think the battery "broke in" and now the battery life is more like 6-6.5 hrs.