Having battery problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dj1891, Mar 3, 2015.

1. dj1891 macrumors regular

dj1891

I got a new iPhone 5s two weeks ago now, For the first week or so battery was amazing, I came home from work with 70% battery left. This past day or two its at 10% when i'm home and needs to go on the charger. I have the same apps installed as I did at the start which are minimal about 15-20 extra apps. The only thing I did was upgrade to iOS 8.1.3

Anyone any ideas?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Settings > General > Usage > Battery usage

Here you can find which apps are using your battery, broken down by percentage. What apps are at the top of the list? Can you post a screenshot?

3. technosix macrumors 6502a

Despite being fraught with nasty annoying time sucking bugs, 8.1.3 on my iPhone 6 Plus has returned very good battery life.

The key is to watch what's happening in the background so you can reset various subsystems like notifications, location services etc as needed.

I watch mine regularly and it pays of handsomely.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Give it some more time, another few weeks or so, to get a better idea of the typical battery usage. There might be days when you are doing more on the phone or there are more notifications going on or the reception isn't as good in some new or even old areas, all of which can sometimes affect the battery usage on some days.

5. dj1891 thread starter macrumors regular

dj1891

I had been trying out a different network this past few days as it has 4G coverage where as my own network is only 3G. Signal wasn't the best and I noticed a lot of LOW SIGNAL beside the likes of the phone app, facebook etc under battery usage. So it could of been the combination of poor coverage and 4G when I did have coverage that caused the big usage drain.