Having both the 6, and 6Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael180, Nov 14, 2014.

1. michael180 macrumors newbie

michael180

I've heard that it's possible to have both on the same account. This does not sound right. I would like to have them both. Right now I have the 6.

Any comments?

2. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Sure... You can have them on the same account. Why wouldn't you be able to?

You want to have them on the same phone number? Not possible at all.

3. michael180 thread starter macrumors newbie

michael180

So I can take calls, texts, mail, etc., on both?

4. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Sure... With different phone numbers... On a family plan with your wireless carrier... Where both phones have their own number... Yes.

5. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Would Handoff not ring both like how it rings some people's iPads? That's a curious case, if so!

6. eneisch macrumors 6502a

You can switch the SIM card between the two phones, allowing you to use whichever phone suits your fancy at the moment, but you would not be be able to use both phones at the same time.

7. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I doubt you can have the same cell number for both phones. It someone called you, both phones would ring. I think a cell number can be only set up once and you can use the sim to revert back from the 6 to the 6+.

8. skimcpip macrumors regular

As someone mentioned, you can use the phones on the same account. The account is attached to the SIM, not the phone. Just swap the SIM to whatever phone you want to use.

9. michael180 thread starter macrumors newbie

michael180

How difficult is it to swap the SIM, and will I eventually wear somehing out?:confused:

10. wxman2003 Suspended

Swapping the sim is easy.

11. bushido Suspended

bushido

oh really? tell that to my 1 week ago self who had to take the bus for 20 mins from the library just to take the sim card out with a needle lol

12. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

13. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

what? why??

im pretty sure a library would have some paper clips lying around

14. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

I got em both. Had the 6 first since launch, and decided to grab the plus last week.

Ive been switching my sim between both and after a week of doing so, the plus is going back to Apple and I'm keeping my 6 as my daily driver.

Yes the screen is nice and big on the plus, but other than that there is nothing else really swaying my decision towards using this giant slab of a phone day in and day out. Its just a friggin huge phone, and to use it every day when I can just use a 6 with mostly the same exact features for the expection of screen rotation (been on Android for years) and OIS on the camera, which I can't even really notice too much, slightly at best, it's just not worth it to me.

I'm in the Fitness industry and carry my phones every where, I use both a business and personal line, the HTC M8 being my other phone of choice as my daily driver. To me the plus just isn't worth the jump unless you honestly do have HUGE hands, which I don't, I have pretty big hands and still feel the plus is to much to manage one handed throughout the whole day, which I do with both the 6 and M8 with total ease.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

15. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

I think the main advantages of the plus are the screen and battery life.

you're right, functionally they're the same.

Screenwise, at normal viewing distances, you wont be able to notice.
    battery life, I charge my phone every night anyway...

so... very little incentive for me to get the Plus. I considered it for a long time.

16. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

As long as you have a SIM ejector tool or a paper clip, you can easily swap SIM cards between the 6 and 6 Plus. There is a chance you can wear out the SIM card by frequently swapping the SIM card between phones. However, I have been doing this between my 6 and 5s and haven't encountered any issues so far.

17. mfr1340 macrumors regular

Both phones

I think you can call forward on each phone to the other one.
    Also with the IOS 8 you can get your calls, I messages, emails, and face time on both phones. Your Apple ID can be tied to both phones.

18. bushido Suspended

bushido

Yep my iPhone 5 rings when my iPhone 6 gets a call

19. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Yes but both phones have to be on the same wifi network for this to work

20. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I didn't get the impression that OP was looking to swap sims. OP wanted one number to work on both phones. From OP's post after your respond, OP then asks how easy it was to swap sims, hence, OP was looking to find a viable solution to have 2 phones on 1 account with only 1 number working in harmony of one another, which I didn't think was possible, unless a sim swap.

21. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have had both the 6 and 6 Plus for several weeks and used to switch to the 6 Plus during the weekend and back to the 6 for during the work week. I liked the 6 Plus but have not used it in the last couple of weeks due to it's size so I am on the 6 only now. The 6 Plus sits in the drawer.

22. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

Are there any cases that don't cover the SIM card slot? Switching between my 6 and a 5S sounds like possibly a solution to the problem where my 6 doesn't fit into my scrub top pocket. But, I do need to use a case on the phone, or they would be trashed pretty quickly.