Having Difficulties installing SWTOR

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dlandry6, May 18, 2012.

1. dlandry6, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012

dlandry6 macrumors newbie

MacBook Pro 15" 2011
    2.2 GHz intel i7, 4GB Ram,
    Radeon HD 6750M (1GB VRAM),
    750G hard drive
    I have windows Parallel

I was wondering, I am trying to install Star Wars The Old Republic and it says I don't have enough CPU cores to run this game??? But I have researched and people have said they can run this game with the same specs. Also I have a problem with the disc reading while installing. It just says installation failed. There are 3 discs and I get to the 2 disc when I install.

Is there something I have to do on the windows side with the CPU so I can play the game??

2. LordDextro, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012

LordDextro macrumors newbie

You can try installing the game from the SWTOR website. Takes a little longer, but at least you know that the files have been updated for the 1.2 release.

Lord Dextro

3. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

You generally can't play games with an emulator. Use Boot Camp and install Windows on a separate partition.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

In Parallels, how many cores did you give Windows access to? It doesn't matter how many you have if Parallels is telling your installation of Windows that there's only 1-2.

jW

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

This. When installing in a virtual machine, the game (and Windows itself) does not have access to the full hardware power of your computer, since there is an emulation layer.

6. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Parallels is the source of your problems. Bootcamp will solve both the # of cores problem and possibly the disc read problem.

To add to this, running that game in parallels will be painfully slow. Parallels is not meant to run modern games, you need to use bootcamp for that.