Having difficulties with DVD ripping (Handbrake)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ianoreo, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ianoreo macrumors newbie

So I recently bought the Original "Gojira" DVD to rip to my ipod touch. I use Handbrake for mac to rip DVD's to my iPod. When handbrake finished the rip, I opened the video. Instead of the movie, it played the audio commentary version from the special feature section. Think of it like this. When you first open a dvd, you are given normally 4 options. Play movie, scene selection, special features, and setup. Instead of recording the "Play Movie" selection, it is recording the "Special Features" selection. In that section there is an audio commentary version of the video. I want to get out of there and into the "play movie" section. I only want the original movie. How do I do this?

Ian

2. ASneeze macrumors newbie

when you want to rip the DVD make sure you select the right section to rip. Normally the movie itself is the longest part so you should be able to spot it quickly. In this case the audio commentary might be just as long so just pick the other one that lasts about 90 mins :p

Are you sure you didnt just rip a bonus DVD :p:p
    Hope it all works out, look at the handbrake website for better advice:D

3. ianoreo thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I can't figure out how to go in to the other section.

4. boazjoe macrumors member

Handbrake

Go to the upper left hand corner of main screen. There is a drop down menu called "Title". Click it and several options appear. As ASneeze mentioned, the video is almost always the longest. Select it (or whichever one you need) and you are off to the races. Remember, not for copyrighted materials.

Joe