Having HArd Time with SUmmerboard please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adamman41, Oct 13, 2007.

1. adamman41 macrumors regular

i already extracted summerboard from that apptapp websiteso i have these instrcutions on what to do..:

SummerBoard.framework -> /Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework
    SMBPrefs.app -> /Applications/SMBPrefs.app
    Themes -> /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    com.apple.SpringBoard.plist -> /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

I'm using WinSCP on windows, now when i first tried, i did the first 2 ok,do i have to set the properties to .0755 instead of .0644? I did that sicne i think thats what you have to do but please confirm. but when u got to put the themes i nthe summerboard folder, there was no summerboard folder in existence in library, im pretty sure i was at the right place too...

Another question: i do NOT install the summerboard from the installer at any time right, but do i just install the themes from installer when i want them, and then once i get summerboard working how do i put themes that i download from online in.

if someone could please give me a little step by step on what to do id greatly appreciate it. I really would love to get this up and running. THANKS

2. adamman41 thread starter macrumors regular

bump, can someone please help, i really wanna et these working, they look awesome but im not sure what im doing wrong and how to do it once i do it, so can any1 please help me out here, thanks so much

3. tyorke macrumors newbie

4. adamman41 thread starter macrumors regular

what problem, the folder not being there?

5. Wrigster macrumors newbie

I got Summerboard to work

I was having the same problem with Summerboard freezing up and not working. I thought I would retry changing permissions through Putty and it worked.

I did the following:

Run the following command via SSH

/bin/csh

/bin/chmod -Rf a+x /Applications/*

* Restart iPod

On a side note, Yes, my themes now work. I created the SpringBoard directory in the location specified and copied the Theme directory to that location.

On a reboot, SMBPrefs now works and calls up the options screen.

GL

Wrigster

6. adamman41 thread starter macrumors regular

any chance you could give me a little step by step on how to do it, id greatly appreciate it, how do u ssh, when i open up Putty, it doesnt prompt me to login, how come this is? and then whe i get that working, all i do is type in those 2 lines after i do the first couple things of dragging and dropping the summerboard stuff into the sftp? one of the fodlers was missing for me when i was doing it, all in all if you could give me a step by step how to, thatd be great, i really wanna get this working, last thing: if i do in fact screw up and my dock goes to the top as it has with every1 else's how do you fix that?

7. tyorke macrumors newbie

thanks, that fixed it for me.