Having iPhone X shipped to UPS store issues?

Danbrown521

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Lakeland, Fl
Well I was wanting to have my iPhone X shipped to a Hub for easy pick up because I have plenty of errands to run on friday. I thought I picked a hub but it was a UPS store. Ive seen a couple say this could be a bad thing. But haven't seen issues listed. Ive tried calling UPS to change or cancel the request but I'm getting no where. UPS keeps telling me to use the MyChoice app, but its not giving me the option to do what I want. So really the only issue is I might have to go saturday to pick up the phone?

wittyphrase

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2017
New York
I’ve been dealing with this as well, and it’s exactly why I hate UPS. They’re incapable of resolving anything. After two hours with them I got someone in chat to tell me it’ll be delivered to the store on the 3rd so I can pick it up on Saturday morning. I’ll give them a ration of **** if that turns out not to be true. The fact that the phones are being held right now and cannot be delivered before the 3rd by Apple’s instruction is probably causing some problems with the system. The tech support even logged in as me to verify there was no option to cancel the request, which seemed to really confuse them since they insisted I should have the option...as if I’d spent the previous 45 minutes lying about the button not being there.

In any case, this jibes with my own previous experiences using the UPS stores. I got myself in a panic reading stuff from other people saying it adds a business day. It has for me when I’ve requested the change too close to the delivery day, which is pretty much any time if you’ve got 2 day delivery like with Amazon. But when I plan in advance and make the request with enough notice it’s always been fine and arrived at the store when it would have arrived at my home. Maybe it varies by location.

Danbrown521

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Lakeland, Fl
I’ve been dealing with this as well, and it’s exactly why I hate UPS. They’re incapable of resolving anything. After two hours with them I got someone in chat to tell me it’ll be delivered to the store on the 3rd so I can pick it up on Saturday morning. I’ll give them a ration of **** if that turns out not to be true. The fact that the phones are being held right now and cannot be delivered before the 3rd by Apple’s instruction is probably causing some problems with the system. The tech support even logged in as me to verify there was no option to cancel the request, which seemed to really confuse them since they insisted I should have the option...as if I’d spent the previous 45 minutes lying about the button not being there.

In any case, this jibes with my own previous experiences using the UPS stores. I got myself in a panic reading stuff from other people saying it adds a business day. It has for me when I’ve requested the change too close to the delivery day, which is pretty much any time if you’ve got 2 day delivery like with Amazon. But when I plan in advance and make the request with enough notice it’s always been fine and arrived at the store when it would have arrived at my home. Maybe it varies by location.
The ups store by my house says that you can pick up ups ground packages at 6, the store is open til 6:30. So hoping I can get it then. Going to keep seeing if I can change it when it gets closer to Friday tho.

Mcottrell95

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2015
Having the exact same issue. My tech support guy said that once it is scanned into the US that option to cancel
Should unlock. If it doesn’t i need to call him back. Ill let you guys know if i get an answer.

He also said that tha tracking info on my order is incorrect and although it said china, its really already in kentucky....

Im very confused but just giving it a day or so until i call back.

wittyphrase

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2017
New York
He also said that tha tracking info on my order is incorrect and although it said china, its really already in kentucky....
This is especially funny to me since I got bounced around support several times between international and domestic because its coming from China

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Let me clarify, I do both. Sometimes I reroute an UPS package ahead of time if I know I will not be home to accept the delivery. Sometimes I reroute an UPS package after a delivery attempt. I’ve never had an issue either way.

The problem is you need an UPS MyChoice account to properly manage rerouting UPS packages. The basic features are free, but you need to sign up for the account ahead of time to confirm your address. UPS sends you a snail mail letter with a code to enter on their website to confirm your address/identity.

Since MyChoice is free I always reconfirm my address when I move.

Unless there is a genuine mixup I have little sympathy for those who tried to reroute their packages without knowing how the process works...

You guys should be fine though. Most UPS locations in my experiences are open on Fridays and Saturdays. You should be able to get your phones pretty shortly after launch.

Reactions: pjacob123