iPad Having issue with my own website and loading image

Discussion in 'iPad' started by markosb, Nov 16, 2014.

1. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

I am having an issue with my website (http://markosberndt.com) on the iPad Air 2. In Safari the website shows a reload the page error message while Chrome crashes.

I attached an image of the error that is produced in Safari iOS 8.1. I contacted the developer of the script but he says it works fine on his iPad Air (1st gen). That lead me to think there was not an issue with the code, but with the iPad Air 2. I tried the site on my iPod Touch and it works fine.

I just need to see if it works on other iPads, iPhones.

I went ahead and submitted a bug report just incase it is an issue with the iPad Air 2.

Attached Files:

2. zip macrumors member

Your photos look fine on my first gen Air IOS 7, but when I clicked on "about" I got this error:

Not Found

The requested URL /about.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

3. markosb thread starter macrumors 6502

markosb

4. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

As a side note, it's generally not good to use a lightbox on mobile devices. I use Royal Slider in client projects and at work and it's great with constant updates and responsive/touch support. There are also some other problems with your plugin, as album titles are completely cut off in FireFox at certain breakpoints, and cut off in Chrome at the smallest breakpoint. Remember to check all popular browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari) when building a website across all breakpoints. If you only have a Mac then Microsoft has a website where you can download copies of Windows for free that only let you run versions of IE and you run them within VirtualBox, which is free for Mac.

Also, really? A no right click script? What is this 1998? I was just going to look at what CMS, if any, you were running. *Opens up Firebug, steals all of your photos because I can* :D

5. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Clicking the tiny arrows to navigate the pics is a little annoying. (iPad air 2) Plus, when I click to scroll through, many don't load immediately...or at all. Just gets stuck.

Edit: okay they load fine, but those arrows are so tiny have to be pressed just so to register. Not very friendly!

(And yes I know this isn't the issue you posted about)

6. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

A script for a right click doesnt change anything. You can still download them. Only way to prevent it happening it to use low quality/small sample pics or watermarks...

7. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I know that—I even mentioned that in the comment you quoted.