Having issues exporting video which originated from a Sony Handicam

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Clamp, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Clamp macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I have some video that I imported from my Sony Handycam DCR-SR100 onto my mac for editing on Final Cut Pro. When I go to export the film, the quality turns up very poor. I lack a lot of knowledge in compression and well a lot of the tinkering required to get the best possible output. Does anyone have any recommendations or know of any solution?

I used to use Sony Vegas and the film quality came out great every time. Am I banished back to Vegas until I can get a good camera?

A bit of background about the film:
    Dimensions 720 x 404 (for some reason)
    Codecs: MPEG2 muxed

Please let me know if you need any additional specs or have any questions. I'm a bit of an amateur videographer and editor, but I can navigate the software well enough.

Thanks in advance to whomever can help :D

2. DonAHoyt macrumors newbie

Sony Problems

Clamp,

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question; but you might be able to answer mine.

I just bought a Handycam SR68. It only allows me to output video through a USB port; but I use imovie on my iMac, which reads through a Firewire. That wasn't a problem with my old Hi8 Handycam. Now this one doesn't have the usual 4pin socket. It has the smaller USB port (which works well with iPhoto), but doesn't have the 4pin Firewire output socket. It also has something called an A/V R output, which has RCA connectors on the other end. The A/V R socket and cable end are unlike anything I've seen before.

Do you know what I should do?