Having issues syncing with fresh install of iTunes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dhelsdon, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I am running GP on 4.1 and I recently reformatted my MBP. I took all precautionary measures and copied all recent backups. After installing itunes and getting everything set up how I like it I went to sync my iPhone, but as usual it tells me I have to erase and sync. So I tried restoring from a backup I have, which worked fine. When I added a couple new albums to my library I wanted to sync them, well I tried again and it still tells me I need to erase and sync.

If I erase and sync won't it force me to update to 4.2.1? If I did that could I still restore from a previous backup and be able to properly sync again?:eek:

2. Dhelsdon thread starter macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Seriously, nobody can suggest anything?

3. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Not sure on a mac but on a pc i just copy the Itunes forlder when ever i rebuild my laptop and then install itunes on the new machine then copy the old itunes folder over the top and its as if i hadnt changed anything.

4. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

not sure if this could be the issue, but when you plug your phone into your computer, open iTunes and click on Store in the menubar, and then click on authorize this computer. That way iTunes + your computer are authorized to transfer things to the phone.