Having issues transferring hard drive data to iMac

Afrodo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
Greetings,

I am having trouble transferring my data from the external hard drive to my iMac. It just came in yesterday and I would like to use it right away. When the computer turned on I started following the set up guide and im stumped on the "Transfer information to this Mac"....it says, "how do you want to transfer your information?" (from another Mac, From a windows PC, from time machine or other disc or don't transfer now) I have tried, many times, to use the "from time machine or other disc" option and the mac isnt responding. Should I try the "don't transfer now" option and use Migration Assistant? (if so will it scan everything automatically or will i be forced to transfer each file individually?=(

Has anyone else had trouble with this or am i the only one? If anyone has any information that may be of use please respond.

Afrodo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
RE:transer data problem

The external Hard drive is external western digital mybook. It has all my information(iTunes, personal info, media, etc)on it since my other iMac crapped out on me, i had a professional transfer all the data from my old iMac to the hard drive so it would be easy to transfer the info to the computer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.