Having issues transferring hard drive data to iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Afrodo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Afrodo macrumors newbie

Greetings,

I am having trouble transferring my data from the external hard drive to my iMac. It just came in yesterday and I would like to use it right away. When the computer turned on I started following the set up guide and im stumped on the "Transfer information to this Mac"....it says, "how do you want to transfer your information?" (from another Mac, From a windows PC, from time machine or other disc or don't transfer now) I have tried, many times, to use the "from time machine or other disc" option and the mac isnt responding. Should I try the "don't transfer now" option and use Migration Assistant? (if so will it scan everything automatically or will i be forced to transfer each file individually?=(

Has anyone else had trouble with this or am i the only one? If anyone has any information that may be of use please respond.

2. Afrodo thread starter macrumors newbie

RE:transer data problem

The external Hard drive is external western digital mybook. It has all my information(iTunes, personal info, media, etc)on it since my other iMac crapped out on me, i had a professional transfer all the data from my old iMac to the hard drive so it would be easy to transfer the info to the computer