Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJAni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
i am getting very frustrated w my macbook pro.. iTunes, toast, spin doctor all quit on me all of the time .. HENCE.. i cant play or import my music! and it is extremely frustrating to be asked when it quits if i "would like to report it" because it doesnt even let me!! what is the deal with this??? this comp is 3,500$ and not that old.

can anyone tell me how to trouble shoot this or better yet ..WHAT ARE SOME RELIABLE MUSIC PROGRAMS AND PROGRAMS I CAN BURN CD'S ON that are not run by apple but are mac compatible.. this is sooo very frustrating! any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Nov 28, 2010
located
What Mac OS X and iTunes versions do you run on what exact Mac?
To find out what Mac OS X version you run, click :apple: > About This Mac:
IDyourMacOS.png
To find out, what exact Mac model you use, click :apple: > About This Mac > More Info > Hardware Overview:
IDyourMacModel.png
To see a more elaborate image explaining the above steps, click here.
To see a more detailed video tutorial showing the above steps, click here (2 MB, 23s, .mp4).​

Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

And Burn is capable of burning all kinds of CDs and DVDs.

Performance Tips For Mac OS X

And can you post a couple of those reports?

And why did the MacBook Pro cost 3,500 USD, if USD is the currency you used?

PS: A high price does not mean it is flawless. Remember, it was made by humans, and humans make mistakes.

DJAni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
thanks for your help, i will try these tips you gave me

----------

my mac is a 10.5.8
model ID is macbookpro5.2

i have never tried to do anything on another user account .. next time it quits i will post the reports, thanks so much for any help you can give me

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Have you added "add on" and "enhancement" programs... those little programs that add functionality to the OS that it doesn't have. Sometimes those can create an unstable installation.

OS X for most people is rock solid. If it's not rock solid then something is wrong, likely, with that specific installation. Could be HW or it could be a SW incompatibility. Since Apple is such a control freak about its SW the problem usually lies with someone else's SW. (I'm not arguing that you shouldn't install 3rd party SW, just that for the purposes of finding the problem start with 3rd party.)

Good Luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.