Having issues with my MBP trackpad, anyone else experiencing this?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anytif, Sep 11, 2010.

1. anytif macrumors newbie

I have the latest MBP and lately I've been experiencing a lot of trouble with the track pad.
    It's like I'm drag clicking (when I'm not) and if I open new windows etc it just drags them around the screen (if that makes sense).
    The only way to solve this is to log off,
    it happens probably every day...

2. Hitrate macrumors regular

Hitrate

3. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

Me too. I've noticed that this happens when drag is enabled, and the new Magic Trackpad update is installed. Just double tap or 2 finger secondary click.

4. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

I've noticed something while trying out an MBP at the Apple store:

If I move the cursor to select the inside of a check box, the cursor will move down and out of the box at the time I go to press down and click. I was able to counteract that by pushing up slightly with my finger as I go to press down on the track pad to make a click. I tried several MBP's and they all did the same thing.

My everyday computer is a PB G4 with a separate click bar and trackpad, so maybe I'm just not used to using an integrated click bar/trackpad. *shrugs*

5. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

I get this too, very annoying. I can usually get it to go away by using a four-finger swipe.

6. liljoedaprince macrumors member

7. Alleyoop macrumors member

My mouse arrow disappears all the time-that's the only problem with trackpad I have been having.