Having issues with scrolling/moving around open applications..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbookpro45, May 20, 2011.

1. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

If I'm moving the settings window, for example, I click and hold at the top where it says 'System Preference' in the settings window and drag the window around in circles at which point the window stops following my mouse maybe after 1/2 a second. Why is this?

A related problem, I'm trying to scroll by clicking on the blue scroll bar on the right (on FireFox). I click and hold on the blue scroll bar and drag it up and down a few times and yet the scorll bar does not follow my mouse after about the 1/2 second point. I've tried this in google chrome and safari with the same result.

*I am only using the trackpad on the mbp 2009, not an external mouse.

Any help?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Sounds like you're not holding the trackpad button down hard enough.

3. macbookpro45 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's interesting because I just tried that with the same results. I tried using my left hand etc and have never had this problem.

I also tried changing the scroll settings to one finger drag and 'drag lock' and this also, surprisingly, gave me the same results. Its like the mouse doesn't want to hold onto anything. Even when I try to move around icons on my desktop, they seem to just be let go of the mouse at a certain point.

4. macbookpro45 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

Yup.

6. macbookpro45 thread starter macrumors 6502

Now I'm getting random right clicks (two finger tap) when I one finger tap...wtf