Having issues with subler, subtitles only show on my mac, not the apple tv

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by henrikrox, Mar 7, 2012.

1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

So

I have tried subler today, and while its great and i save alot of time, i knew it was almost to gootd be true. After doing 4-5 movies, and pulling metadata from within subler, my jaw dropped. I thought this was great. Now, as a dude who dont speak english as his main language, i enjoy subtitles. Now, when playing the file in itunes, subtitles show fine, when airplaying that video from within itunes to apple tv.

There is no cake, and the subtitles button cant be find now inside itunes.

What gives?

2. Cribe macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. After adding the subtitle in Subler it shows up in iTunes VLC etc, but not on my ATV.

Any guesses?

3. mic j macrumors 68030

your adding downloaded srt files?

4. Cribe macrumors newbie

5. mic j macrumors 68030

Can you guys post a Subler screen shot of an mp4 that has had the srt file added, please? I just want to check the track info, as it can often hold clues to why things go wrong.

I'll also mention that downloaded video files can be problematic on there own (not sure of your video source) and when downloading srt files, you have to be careful to read the file descriptions to make sure the correct one is chosen.

That said, more info from the Subler screen shot and if you can an attached mediainfo, media inspector (or VLC Media Information) shot, that would also make diagnosis easier.