Having issues with WiFi speed on 2015 rMB 12 Inch

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JUCJ85, Jul 21, 2017.

1. JUCJ85 macrumors regular

JUCJ85

So I bought a brand new 2015 Retina MacBook 12 Inch, the WiFi speeds are horrible with my ISP(Spectrum), yet when I turn on my Hot Spot for AT&T it works just fine, which is what I'm using to post this message.

So is there any solution besides turning wifi on and off, or the laptop on and off, cause they don't work.

2. JUCJ85 thread starter macrumors regular

JUCJ85

So I think I figured it out, I bought a third party adapter off Amazon, and it seems to be interfering with my WiFi, when plugged into the USB-C port it's slow, or won't load at all, with the USB-C cable that came with the MacBook plugged into the port on the laptop, it works fine.

Has anyone else had issues like this with any of the MacBook's that have just USB-C ports?

Guess I'm not going third party every again with Apple products. So I bought the Official Adapter off Amazon, sold by Amazon, for $65.00($70.20 with Tax).

Hope that helps, as I have a iPhone that I charge directly on my computer, and also have a SATA External Hard Drive I use to store everything.

3. konradsa macrumors regular

That seems to be a common issues with MacBooks, including the Pro, see here:
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple...without-Touch-Bar-Laptop-Review.182374.0.html