having loads of iPhone problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fjs08, Apr 24, 2009.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

My iPhone is 17 months old. Seems like things are getting worse with it. I have loads of dropped calls, it crashes at least 2x/day, e-mail via ATT or wifi is inconsistent at best.
    I've been a Mac/Apple guy since the 80's, but this is getting frustrating. Is there a fix, should I wait for the new iPhone this summer, is it all ATT and won't ever get better????
    Thoughts and suggestions needed.
    Thanks.
    Frank

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

In my neck of the woods, the quality of AT&T's 3G network has become substantially better than their 2G network.

As for the phone crashing, that's odd. Have you tried hooking it to iTunes and doing a restore (where it does a backup, erases everything on the phone, reloads the iPhone OS, and then restores everything back)? I've never had my original iPhone or my 3G iPhone repeatedly crash 2x a day.

4. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

I hook it up to my Mac and iTunes to update, but have never done a complete restore. I may have to give that a try.
    Thanks.
    Frank

5. kage207 macrumors 6502a

I've had mine for about 17 months as well. And I have no problems what so ever. Yeah, Edge has always been a bit slow but I knew that it'd be kinda slow and I used WiFi in most places that I do internet searching with my phone.

Dropped calls, I had 2 the other day and that was the most I have had in months. I usually have none. Dropped calls could be due to AT&T as it seems Apple has worked on the software side to make sure this didn't happen as much.

Try doing a restore like suggested?

6. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Do a restore.

Restore your iPhone in iTunes. DO NOT restore from a backup. Try restarting fresh. Also a 3rd party App can cause the problem. Try using an App like free memory of System. It frees up the RAM so Apps like safari and mail can run smoother.

7. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

8. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

I just synced my iPhone and it says Software Version 2.2.1
    Usually I just plug it in and it syncs automatically. Is there a version 3 that I should look for??

Frank

9. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

No just restore to 2.2.1. 3.0 is for developers and is a beta

10. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I'd try restoring it... If that doesn't work, take it to a Apple store and have it checked out... no harm done if they say "nothing is wrong with it"