Having lock screen wallpaper seperate from homescreen wallpaper

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by genetic, Jul 17, 2009.

1. genetic macrumors 6502

hello, a bit of a newbie to this whole jailbreaking thing. how would i go about having a seperate wallpaper for the lockscreen and a seperate wallpaper for the homescreen? is there a add-on from cydia i can download? thanks for your help

2. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

There probably is an easier way from something on Cydia, but what I did was SSH into my phone, find the files Wallpaper.png and LockBackground.png in your Library/Themes folder.

Rename the pics you want...they have to have the same name as the files your replacing (so Wallpaper.png and LockBackground.png).

Make a backup of the pic you're replacing if you want...

Then overwrite the old files with the new and respring.

Worked for me anyway...

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yea, if you're not going for a full theme for either, your method is a good and simple way.

4. genetic thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you for the quick reply. i did exactly what you said and it worked like a charm. it was almost too easy. thanks again! :D

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

There are two ways to do this; both have their own advantages and disadvantages.

The first (and easiest) is to use a LockBackground.png, as you have already learned.

The second is to use a LockBackground.html, which displays an image of your choosing.

The first method is definitely the easiest, but suffers from one drawback - when you receive an incoming call, the LockBackground.png will be displayed until you actually accept the call, at which time your system wallpaper will show. If your LockBackground.png features a bikini-clad model, for example, it's kind of wierd to have said model pop up every time someone calls, be it your boss, GF, grandma, or best friend. Personally, I find it rather distracting (and all the more creepy as the scantily clad babe on my lockscreen happens to be my wife) ...

The second method is a little more difficult to set up, but using that method, your system wallpaper will be displayed when you receive a call, rather than the LockBackground image. The disadvantage of method #2 is that it will disable the charge meter from displaying on the lockscreen when you're plugged in. :(