Having Macbook fixed in Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by longball11, Jun 6, 2012.

1. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

I have a 2007 black Macbook and I have the number 9 key popped off and I have the plastic "thingy" underneath the key. It's been like that for a while. But it is getting to the point where it is annoying. Can the Apple store fix these things? If so, can they fix it in a short time?

2. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

I have had good luck in the past getting them to repair the top case.

My 2007 MacBook (white) suffered from cracks in the palm rest area. Apple was replacing the top case (keyboard, trackpad, and palm rest area) for free. Now that the computer is 5 years old, they may be done with free repairs, but it is worth a trip to see.

I had the computer repaired three times, the first two times they had the part in the back, so I had the computer back in an hour. The last time they needed to order parts, so I had to return 2 days later to drop the computer off, it was fixed by the end of that day.

Hope they you get it fixed for free. If you have any cracks in the palm rest area be sure to point them out and say you heard of others getting new top cases to fix the issue.

3. guzhogi macrumors 68030

guzhogi

I brought in a unibody MacBook a few weeks ago. Took maybe 10 minutes. However, It was still under warranty so I don't know how much it would cost if it wasn't.