Having major problems here, need help!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by narsx, Jul 11, 2010.

1. narsx macrumors member

Okay i got a iPhone 16GB 3GS, it had the 3.1.3 firmware, but the owner did not delete anything, like he didnt restore it cause Apple did not let him. So i just deleted ****, but stuff like pictures and texts were still there. I did a reset on the phone to delete everything, and it got bricked. Stuck at the Apple logo screen!

But i should say this, before the reset, i jailbroke the phone with Spirit. It worked, and then i did the reset and this is where is crashed.

I downloaded Pwnage since that can work with a bricked phone, or so i thought, i had an old version of itunes and tried it and nothing. Upgraded to teh new one and nothing either, tried both versions of pwnage tool, bother 3.1.3 and 4.0 firmware and i get that 1600 error!

Then i realized the phone might have to work, in order for Pwnage to put it inot Recovery, cause everytime i am at this screen it just stays stuck in the putting iphone into recovery mode. All though itunes recognizes it as a phone in recovery mode.

So the question is this, Spirit worked like a charm, and want to use it again, but how can i restore the phone back to 3.1.3 since thats what is was left on!

Itunes wont let me, i know there is a way, please help!!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The only way you can go back to 3.1.3 is if the SHSH blobs are stored on Cydia for that iPhone. If they are not then you are stuck with 4.0 and no jailbreak (for now).

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

any chance you know if the other guy saved the shsh, also there is no such thing as a bricked iphone only bricked users! :p

4. narsx thread starter macrumors member

Well ithe other guy had ATT, so it was not jb's or unlocked. But when i Jailbroke it with Spirit, and opened Cydia it asked something about saving this SHSH in order to redowngrade or redo the firmware.

How can i checked, i think i did, but where do i look?

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

6. narsx thread starter macrumors member