Having major problems upgrading from IOS 6 to IOS7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Nolbertos, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Nolbertos macrumors newbie

Hey guys:

I've tried various things to upgrade and seem to be caught in a loop. I own a Iphone 4S and everytime I've had to update my IOS via Itunes, I always have to restore my Iphone and it's worked flawlessly over the last 2 IOS updates. But now with IOS 7's release. I can't update and am almost giving up, updating to IOS7. It seem that my phone is caught in a endless loop. So basically, I plug in my cord to my comp and turn on Itunes and Itunes detects that my phone needs to be restored and I click yes, Restore and Update. So it updates and after several minutes the Itunes taskbar states "Preparing to restore Iphone" and my Iphone goes black and after 10 minutes, the apple logo appears, but then, it switches to the "Itunes connect graphic". Its been happening the last 5 days, when I've tried to connect my Iphone. I even left my phone on restoring for 6 hours and it was still saying "Iphone preparing to restore" My question is how can I update to IOS7?? Does the restore taking along time up upgrade?? Has anybody else have the same problem?? Any help would be appreciated.

2. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

are you actually clicking the restore button in iTunes, not restore backup??

3. Nolbertos thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm actually clicking the restore button. Everytime I plug into Itunes with the Iphones it states "Iphone has detected an Iphone that needs restoring" and then gives you options to "Restore and Update" or "Cancel" I always choose "Restore and Update" and than it begins stating "Itunes preparing to restore Iphone" and than after 10 minutes the Iphone has the apple logo pop up and than disappear. So far today, I've tried 6 times to update to IOS7 with no success.

4. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx