Having MBP problems, and 14 days return policy was up today.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fel10, Mar 12, 2011.

1. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

Tonight I started having some issues with my MBP, and I was wondering, the last day of my 14 days return policy was today. If I go to the Apple Store tomorrow, and I need to exchange my MBP, do u think they will do it??? Has anyone being in this situation????

2. electronique macrumors 6502

3. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

The best thing I could recommend is take it into the Apple Store and see what they'd be willing to do for you, worst case scenario you'd be looking at a repair instead of a replacement. Just be polite with them, they'll take care of you.

What sort of issues are you having with your MacBook Pro?

4. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

The fans keep going crazy when I'm just browsing Safari. It went up to 6300rpm twice already, when I was just browsing the internet. And everytime I bootup the comp, the screen stays blank for like 30 seconds b4 the Apple logo shows up. Hopefully these are minor issues that Apple will be able to fix it without needing to replace my comp. Cause I really don't want to erase everything I have and reinstall everything again.

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Check that there aren't any rogue processes causing your fans to spin up.

The issue with the Apple logo could be that the startup disk is not selected for some reason. Go into System Preferences -> Startup Disk and select your OS X partition. Reboot and see if it's still hanging.

6. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

7. sdneidich macrumors member

Also, when you go in, if they determine you need a replacement they can and will port all your data from your current MBP to a new one.

I had an issue with mine, and they took the custom parts out of it and put them into the new model before handing it over to me. That included the Hard Drive, so I didn't have to transfer any files or anything. I bet they can do the same or similar for you.

8. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

Another quick question, kind of off-topic. I already reinstalled Snow Leopard 3 times, so see if the issues would go away, and I was wondering. Can installing Snow Leopard multiple times in my MBP harm it??? Like, if I reinstall it too many time, can that damage anything???

9. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

No, you can't hurt your computer by re-installing the software. I've performed zero-writes and DoD 7-pass erases on a hard disk on an older test PC (we're talking at least 30 or 40 total erases if not more) that I had for several years and it didn't harm it at all.