Having menu bar at top no longer works?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kendo, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

Back when Macs had 13 to 17 inch monitors, having one single menu bar at the top was great because it conserved space and the mouse did not have to travel much. Now that we are seeing 27" displays, is having one single menu bar at the top an archaic function?

I don't think Apple in the late 80's and 90's envisioned having two 24 or 27 inch dual monitor setups or triple monitor setups. So if you have an item on the left screen at the lower left-hand corner and need to access the menu bar, you need to drag the mouse all the way to the top of the right monitor.

Is there a way to have the menu bar attached to each window like Windows?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, there isn't.

3. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

4. interrobang macrumors 6502

I have two 1080p monitors side-by-side, and even getting to the menu bar on the primary from the far corner of the secondary takes no time all. It's a flick of the wrist; the pointer stops right on the menu bar when it hits the top screen edge. You don't even have to move your arm; it's all in the wrist and the speed of motion.

"Drag the mouse all the way..." ooof, so much effort! Your poor back :D

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Thankfully! That's so annoying. Often in a browser I want a new window, and I want an existing window minimized. The steps to that end are much more convenient on my Mac.