Having my girlfriend take my MBP in for repairs?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by scott8749, May 5, 2009.

1. scott8749 macrumors newbie

Will the Apple Store allow my girlfriend to take my MacBook Pro in to get repaired? As in let her deal with the whole situation even though it isnt her laptop? I have all the receipts (for her to bring) and my laptop is registered with Apple.

I work evenings and weekends. We live outside of the city--she works in the city and could easily take my laptop in. I just dont want her to arrive and not be able to do anything with it.

Thanks guys

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

They'll cover it under applecare, which is tied to the machine and serial, not your name. Shouldn't be a problem.

3. scott8749 thread starter macrumors newbie

Should I even have her tell them that it's mine? Or just play it off as if it's hers?

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If she drops it off she has to pick it up. They will ask for her ID that she shows when she takes it in. :)

5. scott8749 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the crazy quick replies, haha.

My latch is sticking and the trackpad only does a click in the bottom third. It makes the noise in other places but the computer doesnt register the click. The laptop is about 10 months old.

Would these repairs be covered under my warranty? Anyone had this covered or had to pay for it (if so, how much)?