Having my Mac repaired by Apple.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rosecitykirk, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Rosecitykirk macrumors newbie

Hello fellow Mac friends. On Saturday I took my 13.3" MacBook Pro Retina into Apple to have it repaired. When I pressed on the bottom right corner it would make a bad clicking noise. I read on here I may need my case reseated. My shift key also was not firm and a bit lose. Anyways they told me they could fix it at the store so I left it. I didn't plan on leaving my Mac so I didn't wipe it clean. Apple calls me telling me that they need to send it to a repair center so I said okay. Anyways I can see that whoever has my MacBook is looking at weird YouTube videos. I will post a link to the weird video below. I have never watched this video before so I know someone else is. It shows me through iCloud on safari. It's a bit creepy. I feel a bit uncomfortable now and I will definitely wipe my stuff before taking it to apple from now on.

http://youtu.be/sTSA_sWGM44

Attached Files:

2. Raunien macrumors 6502

3. jahall05 macrumors regular

4. likegadgets macrumors 6502

I just had my MBP for service (they change the screen). Rather than wipe the drive I created an additional TEMP user so they could test the new screen. I did not provide them the admin password for the main account, the disk is encrypted with Firevault, and the MBP has a firmware password as well not allowing it to boot on R mode. In any case it took them just one day to swap the top part with the screen.

5. chipchen macrumors 6502

Here's some possible explanations...

1. Sometimes after a repair, they need to test the machine. Everyone has different ways to stress testing a machine... among them, is pulling up random content, etc. YouTube (or videos in general) area great because they quickly test a myriad of components.

2. While working on a computer... someone comes to them asking about something... well, since the computer is right in front of you, you quickly use it to look it up. Happens to be a weird youtube video.

3. They're just messing with you.

6. dyt1983, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying info not relevant to the conversation.

7. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

I vote this one