Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
When I try to start it up I get the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\iTunesMobileDevice.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
at com.semaphore.jna.LibraryFinder.findMobileLibrary(LibraryFinder.java:134)
at com.semaphore.jna.LibraryFinder.foundMobileLibrary(LibraryFinder.java:114)
at com.semaphore.jna.LibraryFinder.getMDLibrary(LibraryFinder.java:72)
at com.semaphore.jna.LibraryFinder.<clinit>(LibraryFinder.java:44)
at com.semaphore.jna.md.MDLibrary.<clinit>(MDLibrary.java:37)
at com.semaphore.jna.idevice.win.WinDeviceLibrary.addNotificationHandler(WinDeviceLibrary.java:53)
at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.startListener(TinyUmbrella.java:363)
at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.<init>(TinyUmbrella.java:282)
at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.main(TinyUmbrella.java:141)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

I've tried running it in compatibility mode and run as administrator. I'm running Windows 7. Anybody know how to fix this?

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Why? I have a new computer running new everything. Why the hell should I have to use a different computer? No one knows how to fix this? Really?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Why? I have a new computer running new everything. Why the hell should I have to use a different computer? No one knows how to fix this? Really?

Im not positive whats causing the prob thats why I said if you had another computer you can try it on another machine.
But cool it down with your attitude a little, try a thank you instead of that rude post above.
We dont have to help you fix or troubleshoot anything and you're not paying us nothing for our effort or time.
Have a good day.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
The reason AppleJuiced suggested trying it on another computer was to rule out user error. If it failed to work on another computer, then it would be pretty likely that it was something you were doing wrong, not a problem with your system. This is a basic trouble-shooting step, especially since we really have no idea of your skill level or experience.

Meanwhile, have you tried checking to see if the files it says are missing are actually missing? Have you made sure you extracted all the contents of the zip file to your HD? Have you tried running another java app on the same computer?

dhafer

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2010
iTunesMobileDevice.dll

Hey there,

I beleive respect is the initial step for all.

Anyways, to help out here's what you have to do:

1. download iTunesMobileDevice.dll zip file from http://www.iphone-hacks.com/iphone-downloads/file/46.

2. unzip on desktop.

3. go to c:/prgram files/common files/apple/mobile device support

4. find iTunesMobileDevice.dll and rename it to iTunesMobileDevice_old.dll.

5. copy the file "iTunesMobileDevice.dll" you downloaded to the same folder.

should work just fine.

you all have a good day

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
Well you all are certainly the "good guys"
With a response like that from the OP, I would have just left him to solve the problem himself.

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Hey there,

I beleive respect is the initial step for all.

Anyways, to help out here's what you have to do:

1. download iTunesMobileDevice.dll zip file from http://www.iphone-hacks.com/iphone-downloads/file/46.

2. unzip on desktop.

3. go to c:/prgram files/common files/apple/mobile device support

4. find iTunesMobileDevice.dll and rename it to iTunesMobileDevice_old.dll.

5. copy the file "iTunesMobileDevice.dll" you downloaded to the same folder.

should work just fine.

you all have a good day

Thank you. That did the trick to get TE running. But now for whatever reason it won't read my device. The only thing the dropdown menu shows is "Connect a device...".

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
You've just learned why I argue that TU is more trouble then its worth. Follow these simple instrucitons to restore your iphone, no TU needed:

Step 1: Make sure your SHSH are saved by opening Cydia, and looking at the top of the homescreen.

Step 2: Download firmware for your device. http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

Step 3: Edit your hosts file to include this line:
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
On Windows: Open Notepad as an administrator. The hosts file is in windows\system32\drivers\etc\ The file does not have an extension, so change option to All Files to find it. For mac, go here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7556

Step 4: Open itunes, click your iphone, hold shift (option for mac) and click restore. Find your firmware and perform the restore. If your hosts file was edited right, and your SHSH backed up, iTunes will receive authorization and proceed with restore

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
You've just learned why I argue that TU is more trouble then its worth. Follow these simple instrucitons to restore your iphone, no TU needed:

It can take a while for Cydia to automatically cache your SHSH, because of load restrictions and everything else. If this happens at a time when Apple is in a transition for signing firmware, this means you could actually miss out on getting yours signed, all from simple bad timing.

TU allows you to force the issue and to immediately cache those valuable SHSH blobs.

Trouble or headache or not (I can't even get it to run on Snow Leopard because Apple seems to have broken many programs that use the JavaApplicationStub in a recent update), TinyUmbrella does have an important place, especially if you want to be sure you can always downgrade.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
It can take a while for Cydia to automatically cache your SHSH, because of load restrictions and everything else. If this happens at a time when Apple is in a transition for signing firmware, this means you could actually miss out on getting yours signed, all from simple bad timing.

TU allows you to force the issue and to immediately cache those valuable SHSH blobs.

Trouble or headache or not (I can't even get it to run on Snow Leopard because Apple seems to have broken many programs that use the JavaApplicationStub in a recent update), TinyUmbrella does have an important place, especially if you want to be sure you can always downgrade.

It's my understanding that TU downloads the blobs from Cydia's server, so this invalidates your point. You still have to wait for Cydia to save the blobs. TU can save them locally at that point, but thats just insurance against the extremely unlikely event Cydia's servers go down.

And new users performing their first restore are better off just doing it the easy way.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
It's my understanding that TU downloads the blobs from Cydia's server, so this invalidates your point. You still have to wait for Cydia to save the blobs. TU can save them locally at that point, but thats just insurance against the extremely unlikely event Cydia's servers go down.

And new users performing their first restore are better off just doing it the easy way.

It does. But it tells Cydia to download them NOW. If you just wait on Cydia to do it on its own, it can take days or even longer depending on the load and how many people are in the queue ahead of you. Point in case, when 4.1 was released, it said it was pending for almost a week before I just fired up TU and did it myself. After that, it immediately showed my SHSH was on file at the top of Cydia.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
What's the deal with the TU haters every time we have a thread on it?

Doesnt it seem silly for you and others to keep having to troubleshoot new TU users problems? This guy just wants to restore, he could care less about the method, as long as its easy. TU for many new setups is not a smooth process. You can NOT deny that.

So, save the poor guy some trouble, give him a simple and effective method to get what he wants to do DONE.

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
Doesnt it seem silly for you and others to keep having to troubleshoot new TU users problems? This guy just wants to restore, he could care less about the method, as long as its easy. TU for many new setups is not a smooth process. You can NOT deny that.

So, save the poor guy some trouble, give him a simple and effective method to get what he wants to do DONE.

kre62,

You are getting quite irritating!!

One example of why you would want to use Tiny Umbrella is if you want to upgrade to iOS 4.1 yet maintain the current unlockable iOS 4.0.1 baseband.

Yet you ALWAYS have to chime in with Tiny Umbrella hate. Please just stop it!!

S-

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
kre62,

You are getting quite irritating!!

One example of why you would want to use Tiny Umbrella is if you want to upgrade to iOS 4.1 yet maintain the current unlockable iOS 4.0.1 baseband.

Yet you ALWAYS have to chime in with Tiny Umbrella hate. Please just stop it!!

S-

So if someone asks how to upgrade while preserving their baseband, suggest TU. For all other cases use the simplified method. Done.

The 1/500 people who have a legitimate use for tu will then be served.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Anyone who can't figure out TinyUmbrella should not be jailbreaking his phone.

And as for your "simplified" method, kre62, many people have no clue even how to find their hosts file, much less to edit it.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
Anyone who can't figure out TinyUmbrella should not be jailbreaking his phone.

And as for your "simplified" method, kre62, many people have no clue even how to find their hosts file, much less to edit it.

All instructions on locating and editing the hosts file are contained in my guide.

As far as your TU comment, I think it's unfair for new jailbreakers to say they should be able to figure it out. Because there are many things that can go wrong with TU that require serious troubleshooting (port 80 errors, no detection of phone, problem d/ling blobs, etc).

I've said this many times, and people still don't seem to get it, but here it goes again. If you have successfully set up TU on your computer, like using it, and feel it provides some benefit to you, I am not attacking you personally. I am simply stating that there would be a lot less problems for new users if they were simply given my 4 step process. (FOR SIDEWINDER: Unless you are updating an iPhone 4 to 4.1 and want to preserve your baseband because you want to unlock it. There, you don't have to reply SW).

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
I, for one, don't give a hoot which method poeple use to restore, but like everyone else I am very tired of "kre62" chimming in with "his opinion" on every single thread about restoring.

I've seen people suffering from OCD who aren't as narrow minded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.