having problems syncing iTouch w clean install of SnowLeopard

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rrpalma, Oct 18, 2009.

1. rrpalma macrumors member

Hello,

I just performed a clean install of Snow Leopard on my MacBook Air. Previously, I backed-up all data to an external HD.

My iPod Touch has all my music and appointments in it. When I connect it to the MacBook Air, iTunes wants to overwrite the iTouch contents with whatever is in my itunes library (which is empty). What I really want to do is to have all the contents in the iPod touch copied into itunes. Any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks for reading!

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

iTunes doesn't let you copy media from your ipod to a computer. Since you mention you have a backup on an external hard drive, I think the simplest solution is to restore your iTunes library from that backup.

3. rrpalma thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that seems like my only alternative. Since *I THINK* I backed-up most of my HD, do you know where in the folder structure might my appointments be?

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Your appointments should be in iCal.

Your iTunes folder should be under User/Music/iTunes/ just copy everything you see here.

5. rrpalma thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for helping a total newbie :eek:

But how do I get them back from the iPod into ical?

Got the pictures and music back into iTunes. Will doing this get me my appointments back too?

Thanks again:)

6. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

firstly using the backup thingy in system prefs to do the backup. then if you have added things to your ipod touch before doing the backup, the easiest thing to do is create a mobileme account for free, and let that sync wirelessly by setting it up on your ipod and in system prefs on your mac. all calendars and such will be synced to your mac. then connect the ipod and let it overwrite everything.