Having problems with BootCamp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nevouri, Mar 23, 2014.

1. nevouri macrumors newbie

hi there! I've got my first mac, and trying to install windows 8. i didn't have the option of transferring the iso file to usb, so i deleted 3 letters from the "info.plist" as it was said in youtube( the letters were: pre). the option of transferring the iso file appeared but after starting the following message was shown: an error occurred while copying the windows installation files. after that , i tried to retrieve the file i changed, but now bootcamp is not even opening...

2. Parsec macrumors member

First of all...which youtube video?

Second, if you just rename that .plist file to have a different extension (like .backup), it will most likely create a new .plist and BootCamp should start up again.

My best results with BootCamp are to install from DVD, but since you said you have a new iMac you don't have one. You could share a DVD player over the network if you have another Mac that does have one. Alternatively, you could prepare a USB-stick to become a bootable Windows install-stick.

Check out this thread. A solution is offered somewhere at the bottom of the first page. Good luck, let me know if you succeed