Having problems with Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by i.idioteque, Aug 15, 2010.

1. i.idioteque macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. I have iPhone running firmware 3.1.3 jailbreaked with redsn0w 0.9.4. Lately I was having some trouble with Cydia adding sources. The other problem that I was having is my iPhone doesn't ring in sleep mode, Wi-fi and You-tube not working. I decided to jailbreak it again so that Cydia can be re-installed fresh without having any error's. I redsn0w it again and I did checked the box Install Cydia. When i completed the process Cydia doesn't show any packages. When Cydia try's to update packages there is some error.

I tried jailbreaking the iPhone running firmware 3.12 with Blackr4in and installing cydia on edge . That's not working for me either.

I can't SSH my iPhone because there is no wi-fi network available where I'm right now.

I read it somewhere that you lose the previously installed packages if you re-install Cydia.

Out of frustration I un-installed Cydia.
    Need your help guys before I do something stupid again.
    Any reply or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Did you install a skin for cydia? I did this once and it messed it up, uninstalled the skin and everything was fine again.

3. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

4. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Dumbest post ever.

5. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

Yeah but maybe he wanted

free·dom   /ˈfridəm/ Show Spelled[free-duhm] Show IPA
    –noun
    1. the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint: He won his freedom after a retrial.
    2. exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.
    3. the power to determine action without restraint.
    4. political or national independence.
    5. personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery: a slave who bought his freedom.
    6. exemption from the presence of anything specified (usually fol. by from ): freedom from fear.
    7. the absence of or release from ties, obligations, etc.
    8. ease or facility of movement or action: to enjoy the freedom of living in the country.
    9. frankness of manner or speech.
    10. general exemption or immunity: freedom from taxation.
    11. the absence of ceremony or reserve.
    12. a liberty taken.
    13. a particular immunity or privilege enjoyed, as by a city or corporation: freedom to levy taxes.
    14. civil liberty, as opposed to subjection to an arbitrary or despotic government.
    15. the right to enjoy all the privileges or special rights of citizenship, membership, etc., in a community or the like.
    16. the right to frequent, enjoy, or use at will: to have the freedom of a friend's library.
    17. Philosophy . the power to exercise choice and make decisions without constraint from within or without; autonomy; self-determination. Compare necessity ( def. 7 ) .

6. i.idioteque thread starter macrumors newbie

No I didn't.
    Can somebody help? I just want to get Cydia back and working fine.
    Without it my phone is no good. :(

7. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

You should be asking in the iPhone hacks section. If your running 3.1.3, did you point it to 3.1.2 when you did the IPSW restore? That is what you need to do if you didnt. Then use Redsn0w.

8. i.idioteque thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry. New to the forums.

I did selected the 3.1.2 ISPW before jailbreaking on redsn0w 0.9.4.