Having problems with iWeb hyperlinks

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by stue13, Nov 5, 2010.

1. stue13 macrumors newbie

I'm currently in the process of making a website for my e-business class, and I seem to be having some difficulty make the links work when I publish the website. On the front page of the website there is a car, which I cut up in photoshop, than put back together on iWeb, allowing the user to click on the different body parts to bring them to another page. However, once I publish the website and go online to view it, it behaves completely different, and the cut up images act as rectangular or square images, which ruins the effect.

This is my first time using iWeb, so I don't know if I'm making a mistake somewhere or if I just have to do it the hard way (placing different shapes over top of all the body parts and hyperlinking those). If anyone has a solution to fix this, it would be ever so appreciated.

Here is a video to show you what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYzSVO8t-Oc

And here is my website (not completed yet):

http://web.me.com/stuwright/Site/Homepage.html

2. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

I couldn't see the issue, but any chance you're viewing this under firefox?

Firefox tends to automatically add borders around images.

Somewhere on your page try adding:
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    img{
       border:none;
    }

</style>

If that doesn't work, then its probably a setting of some sort in Iweb.

Also as a design tip, I'd try to figure out someway of making each link a little more obvious. Its not exactly clear whats clickable and what isn't.

3. stue13 thread starter macrumors newbie

It doesn't matter what browser I view it in, the same things happens every time. As for that code, I have no idea how to add that to the overall website, don't think I can do that.

Yes, I would like to have rollovers for the different body parts, but because of this same issue, I can't. When I add the code for a rollover, it treats the image as a square, instead of the cut out image, leading the rollover to happen even when the mouse isn't directly over top of the image.