Having problems with mail

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BgBuckinChicken, Jul 4, 2010.

1. BgBuckinChicken macrumors newbie

My imail keeps jumping up in down every couple of minutes saying that it is rejecting my password for my email.

Can anyone help

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. BgBuckinChicken thread starter macrumors newbie

I did but it is still popping up

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

dont tell me.. hotmail?

just click cancel and hit get mail again. it doesnt forget the password, MSN is just.. gay (for lack of better word)

5. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Maybe try deleting your account information from Apple Mail, then set it up again from scratch? It fixed my Gmail woes not too long ago...

6. magamo macrumors 6502

I had a similar problem.

A spammer hacked my gmail account the other day and sent spam emails to everyone on my contact list. Google detected the unusual activity and temporarily disabled my account. I got up in the morning without knowing what happened, and got confused when Mail kept rejecting the legit password. I still don't know how the spammer succeeded in getting in when I had a strong password with numbers, capital letters and everything. But reading Google's help forum, it can happen if you're very unlucky. So if you're using gmail or something similar, you might want to check if your account is all right.

I had to google around for a few hours and tell Google my phone number to prove I'm the legit account holder...

7. PinkLuxe macrumors member

I'm having the same problem, with an old AOL account. I'll put in the right password, and it will accept it, then a few hours later I get the same pop-up.

8. Dooger macrumors 6502

I've been round the block trying to fix this issue. Weirdly I can go a week without being asked for the password then one day I'll get harassed every hour. None of the forum threads that I've read seem to come up with any solutions. I've added a gmail account to my Mail and I've never had an issue, so I guess DoFoT9's right when he says that it's an MSN issue. Sorry I couldn't be of any help, let us know if you've any luck.

What a douchebag reply. With such witty repartee you must be a real fun guy to be around.

9. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hey man dont be silly. i work in a tech support centre. today i had an issue, to fix it all the computer needed was a reboot. most problems are user created problems - it was a valid response (albeit a bit smart-arsish) ;)