Having second thoughts about Mac universe - Please help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DoNoHarm, Nov 18, 2008.

1. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

Hello People,

So I switched to Mac last October. I tell all my PC friends that it's like turning off a fan in the room. You realize you had to deal with all this crap PC's had like viruses, klunkety programs, incompatibility, etc. Using a Mac, now I just admire the awesome OS and brilliant design that is my MBP.

However, I've had a problem that I cannot find a solution for and I was wondering if any of you could help.

I'm a college student. I need to make voice recordings of my lectures. There seems to be absolutely no Mac compatible Mp3 player out there that will make voice recordings unless I get a $150 ipod and then add $80 headphones (that don't even exist yet)...

Are you kidding me? I have to spend $230 to get functionality found on a $30 Sansa Clip? I have tried to use a sansa clip with my Mac. every time I try and delete my files, it dissapears from Mac but does not free up the space on the sansa clip. There's absolutely no problem using the Clip with a PC.... Is it really so hard to engineer a module for Leopard that will work with "Windows Mp3 Players"?

Is there a Mac compatible option out there to listen to Mp3's and make voice recordings that I can have for less than $100?

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

When you delete the files, im guessing you just drag them to the trash right? In order for them to be deleted off the Sansa clip, you must empty the trash once the items are there.

3. kellyl macrumors newbie

Audacity ?

Have you tried the free program called Audacity?
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

4. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

Thanks for the suggestins

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to try them later this week. In an effort to regain the lost space, I erased the disk on the mp3 player using the disk utility. The problem is, I think I erased the firmware because now it won't even start up. I have to run the sansa disk utility on a windows emulation or a windows machine.....

I guess the title of the original post is a little misleading. Overall, I'm much, much happier with the "Mac Universe" than the PC world, but this whole mp3/voice recording part could be a LOT better.

It makes me surprised that the ipod market share is as high as it is.