having second thoughts on 16gb over 32gb...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean006, Jun 29, 2010.

  1. Sean006 macrumors 6502

    Dec 23, 2008
    so i think im going to return my 16gb IP4 for the 32gb...

    I figured if im going to be stuck with another 2 years (or 1.5yrs) i might as well have the max i can get now...

    will it be a problem to exchange ?
  2. mloffa macrumors 6502a


    Jul 13, 2009
    If it's open, just the restocking fee plus the difference in price.
  3. Munitalp macrumors 65816

    Jul 17, 2007
  4. Stiss macrumors 6502a

    Apr 18, 2009
    Anyone know what the restocking fee is in the UK?
  5. Munitalp macrumors 65816

    Jul 17, 2007
  6. Sean006 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Dec 23, 2008
    i wonder if they have stock for exchanges....hmm
  7. coelacanth macrumors 6502

    Jul 19, 2004
    US is 10% at Apple Store.
  8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603


    Jun 30, 2008
    If you paid a 20% restocking fee you got roped..it's 10% is the US.
  9. DrCheese macrumors member

    Mar 25, 2009
    As far as I know, there is no restocking fee in the UK. Certainly not within 7 days if you've ordered online (covered under the distance selling act)

    I'm considering doing the same, whist I only fill 50/60% of my 16gb now, I want to keep this phone for at least 2 years, so I'm considering returning it and ordering the 32gb...
    Only thing that is stopping me is the long wait to get a replacement >.< I've not sold on my 3g yet because I've been unsure about this and I'm not sure I can go back to it, even for a few weeks!
  10. SteinMaster macrumors 6502


    Feb 28, 2009
    Definitely go with the 32GB. Since the phone records HD video, the file sizes are bigger and take up more. I'm glad I went with my first instinct and got the 32 GB.
  11. Savor Suspended


    Jun 18, 2010
    I was about 50/50 between 16 GB vs 32 GB when it was first announced. The closer to launch, I went with my instinct and got the 32 GB. I wasn't really filling up my 30 GB iPod from before and I thought maybe I could save the $$ with the 16 GB as money is tight. But I figured 32 was the only way to go if I knew the higher resolution would take up more space. Even apps will likely be bigger. Going for the higher capacity is more future proof and forward thinking on my decision. I also would like to use this as a main phone for the next 20-24 months. Glad I went with 32 (or technically, 28.8 GB).

Share This Page