Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

comics addict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
For those of you who pair a Bluetooth heart rate chest strap to Apple Watch have you experienced any trouble with it being recognized/paired every once in a while? I have experienced that twice in the last two weeks I have started using the chest strap once where it wouldn't automatically pair after turning it on (the chest strap) and today during a dedicated workout mid-way it totally lost connection to the watch. In both instances I thought that the chest strap is to blame but when I look over my Bluetooth settings on the iPhone the HRM shows up just fine so it's not a problem of it not turning on. Only after restarting the Apple Watch do I get the HRM recognized again. Anyone has had similar experiences or maybe mine is defective in that regard?

kazibole

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2015
Is your iPhone also configured to connect to the strap, either via an app or in the iOS settings? I believe only one device can be using the strap at a given time.

comics addict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Is your iPhone also configured to connect to the strap, either via an app or in the iOS settings? I believe only one device can be using the strap at a given time.

No I have made sure to check but I have only paired with the Apple Watch explicitly. On the iPhone it's been only to see if indeed it's discoverable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.