Having some issues using a Bluetooth HRM with AW

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by comics addict, Aug 12, 2015.

1. comics addict macrumors 6502a

For those of you who pair a Bluetooth heart rate chest strap to Apple Watch have you experienced any trouble with it being recognized/paired every once in a while? I have experienced that twice in the last two weeks I have started using the chest strap once where it wouldn't automatically pair after turning it on (the chest strap) and today during a dedicated workout mid-way it totally lost connection to the watch. In both instances I thought that the chest strap is to blame but when I look over my Bluetooth settings on the iPhone the HRM shows up just fine so it's not a problem of it not turning on. Only after restarting the Apple Watch do I get the HRM recognized again. Anyone has had similar experiences or maybe mine is defective in that regard?

2. kazibole macrumors member

Is your iPhone also configured to connect to the strap, either via an app or in the iOS settings? I believe only one device can be using the strap at a given time.

3. comics addict thread starter macrumors 6502a

No I have made sure to check but I have only paired with the Apple Watch explicitly. On the iPhone it's been only to see if indeed it's discoverable.