Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ediponc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I've spent hours trying to solve this issue. I now believe it is a cache issue but here are the symptoms.

First of all, these issues do not show up on my girlfriends MacBook pro connected to the same wi-fi (so it must not be an ISP cache)

There is a website I visit, and it is forwarding me to a place like this: http://blog-wp-server:8088/blog/

But this is not happening for anyone else. Upon clearing cache, cookies and restarting my computer this error vanished from Chrome. but a while later it returns.

This issue is also happening on a separate website that was setup recently. It loads. But after a while it just shows
-------------
Index of /
  • cgi-bin
--------------
After clearing cache, cookies and restarting chrome (no need to restart computer), this site will load again. But upon trying to login, I finally get to a

-----------
Not Found
The requested URL /admin/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-----------

I've tried clearing DNS cache from my system. By going to terminal and inputting the following command.

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache;sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder;say cache flushed

It looks like it executes as soon as I paste it. I don't have to hit enter.
then it says
password:
Sorry, try again.
password:*

I enter password and hit enter. and the next line shows no success message. It says

Mac-1************6:~ C****o$

I paste that command again and it seems to execute without me hitting enter. and I get:
Mac-1************6:~ C****o$

After doing this, I restarted my computer and it did NOT solve my problem.

Now I'm stumped :(

I'd really appreciate any thoughts or ideas I can try to fix this issue. It's seriously hindering my ability to get work done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.