Having Some Trouble Running Windows 7 via Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Link2999, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Okay, so I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. I'm already having trouble with the Wireless network. For some reason it won't let me connect to any wireless network (only via ethernet). I was able to connect to a network via VMWare however. Is there a fix for this? I saw something about Broadcom, but I don't have an ISP or whatever, just a router with WEP. Then in Windows, it shows the caution symbol (like it wasn't installed right) under the iSight Camera, Built-in keyboard, and computer (could be network). I used the Bootcamp Assistant 3.0.2 to install Windows 7.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Run apple software update to upgrade to 3.1 and see if your problems go away.

B

3. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL996 , but it was a .exe and I couldn't install it on the Mac side, tried installing it on Windows, but it said I needed Bootcamp 3.0 first. Still a little confused. Software update didn't find any updates by the way.

Edit: Found out I needed to install the bootcamp drivers from the install DVD on the Windows side as well... I feel kind of dumb. Will update with the results.
    Update: Yup, that was it. Thanks for the insight ^_^

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Yup the Apple Software Updater I meant was the Windows app. I should have been clearer.

B