Having the phone delivered

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by machacker, Jun 12, 2010.

1. machacker macrumors regular

If you got your 3GS delivered last year. Did you get it on release day? I'm asking because i am thinking of just having my iPhone 4 delivered to my house. But i want to make sure it come on release day. Did anyone have any issues last year?I'm just trying to get a general idea.

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

yes it does. so therefore you do not need to wait in line on launch day.

3. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

also the ATT store is pushing me to pre-order from them saying "it will be easier to set your acct up trust me..." whatever, I'm going to pre-order from Apple. ATT stores have told me nothing but false info for the past 2 days. Ever since I gave my ph# and email to this one sales girl she has sent me a few reminders to see her on 6/15 to pre-order

i trust Apple will have it shipped to me on launch day and i'm not into waiting in lines and crowds.

its funny how the ATT sales people said its better to pre-order from them so that your account doesn't get messed up.

4. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

I pre-ordered through ATT last year and had no problems. I have a FAN account and I heard pre-ordering through apple could casue problems.

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Yes, delivered by 10:15 on Launch Day by my usual UPS driver direct from China.

If you pre-order while they have the "delivery by June 24" available on the pre-order pages, baring a truck accident or act of god or nature, it will arrive some time on June 24. The exact time depends on many factors and the delivery on June 24 means that it could be very early or very late.

That's why some choose to do the in-store pickup and wait in some crazy lines to be the "first" on the block to have it on Launch Day. :D

Dave

6. machacker thread starter macrumors regular

I'm thinking of having it delivered to my office. What are the chances that it will show up before 5 when the office closes? I went to the ATT store last year, and even though I got all the confirmation information, when I got there that morning, alas, no phone for me. Mine didn't show up till late that afternoon, I was a little upset about that turn of events. So I was thinking of just having it dropped off.

I also have a FAN discount. Does that mean that I can't preorder, I remember that debacle from last year. Do you think Apple has fixed the problem this year?

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

ask around your office to find out when fedex comes. it will be around the same time.

8. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Yes, I ordered the 3GS for home delivery last year and, yes, it arrived on release date. EXACTLY on release date. Not a day before, and not a day after.

But let's pretend it had arrived one day late... How, exactly, would my life had been irrevocably damaged if my iPhone arrived one day late?

And if you're thinking "bragging rights", think again. Anyone getting an iPhone 4 on June 24 will only be able to brag that they are one among another 1 million people that day. Wow... that's rare! :rolleyes:

I'll tell you one thing, I'd rather order for home delivery and "take my chances" vs. climbing into the car and driving down to a mob scene at a store. You have to plug the thing into your computer to get it working anyway so let the UPS or FedEx guy/gal bring it to me.

Mark

9. machacker thread starter macrumors regular

It really isn't so much about bragging rights or anything like that. Or even the specific day that it shows up. I sold my 3gs early in anticipation of the iPhone 4, so I don't really feel like using my Moto Razr any longer than I have to. While I do have my iPad, it just isn't the same as having the world in my pocket. :D I miss my iPhone and I am just being cautious as to when I will again have one again. :D

10. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Bragging rights, no. But, it's more like I need a phone asap haha

11. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

While I didn't pre order my 3GS I'm doing it this year... But it's always a blast to wait in line and chit chat with other iPhone owners.

12. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Hey, I fully understand the excitement over a new Apple iToy. I'm 53 years old and I'm giddy with excitement too. But, face reality, one day isn't the end of the world! Well, as long as I'm not the one having to wait the extra day! :)

BTW, you might want to change your signature.

Mark

13. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

The best ones are the ones with colds and flu! Now there's a hoot! :rolleyes:

Mark

14. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I don't get why people with a fan discount have problems. I have one and I'm peordering, all it does when u connect it to iTunes it put ur cell stuff to the new micro sim. It shouldn't give u a problem unless ur changing ur plan or something like that. I'm probably wrong in everything I just said but CUM ON! (no homo)

15. dave006 Contributor

dave006

It depends on who you order if from and it can arrive via UPS of FedEx. Normally, business deliveries get early deliver as well as addresses close to the depot.

Your experience last year with AT&T was in large part due to the issue the day before at the distribution locations. They got their bulk shipment late and pre-order shipments to a retail location take a couple of extra steps in distribution and again once they hit the retail location.

The FAN issue is now very limited but for specific types of accounts, you still have to go to AT&T. You can check this by using the Apple "Check your eligiblity" tool, if it returns your data today, then on June 15 your pre-order should clear even with a FAN.

https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/wa/IPAToolAction/checkUpgradeEligibility

If the tool says to contact AT&T then you know you that today...

Dave

16. Built macrumors 68020

Definitely having mine delivered. I'm not in the mood for the Apple Store circus...

17. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I have to be in line since I'm adding a line.