Having to pay for iLife 09 on a new macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ahm, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ahm macrumors member

This is more of a rant, sorry if it's not in the right place. But, does anyone else think it's pretty weak of Apple to charge their customers to upgrade? I know it's only $10, but I bought a new macbook two days ago... iLife 09 was already out, I feel like it should have been free. I understand if a customer buys an Apple computer before it's released... but not after. Especially when you're spending well over $1000, $2000 for MBP buyers.

I just ordered the upgrade yesterday but I'm STILL RELATIVELY ANNOYED :mad:

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Did you buy it at an Apple store? If so, they should have given you a drop-in DVD to do the upgrade. I've seen it happen numerous times, I've never seen them charge someone for the upgrade if they bought old stock AFTER the product was already in stores.

If you bought it from somewhere else (Best Buy, Amazon) then it's a different story.

3. nemacman macrumors newbie

I just got a new Macbook last week and I had a great surprise waiting in the box, a copy of iLife '09 sitting in the bottom. Sucks for you though..

4. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

ye if you bought from Apple just call up and be casual and express your concern that iLife 09 was not in the box when you opened it , which it should have been as far as I am aware because it was released before you got the Mac .Even if you didn't get it from Apple you should still be able to get it, ring Apple care , explain, I'm fairly sure they'll sort it .

5. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

that doesn't sound right. where did you buy it? by now all macbooks should have ilife09 installed or have a drop in ilife09 dvd in the box. have you recieved the MB already?