having trouble burning dvds

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by damiza20, Nov 28, 2014.

1. damiza20 macrumors newbie

hi guys,

i downloaded Burn to make some dvds and i watched a youtube tutorial on it and the first couple came out fine, they may have had a single skip in them but it wasn't a big deal. now any i make have a skip in just the audio every couple minutes. its probably a second worth of audio that drops out but it went from happening maybe once over the course of the dvd to happening very frequently. does anyone know how to fix this? is there a better program for free? i tried to burn dvds with the software that comes on the macbook pro but it comes up as a disc error in the dvd player. every dvd i've made, whether with burn or the included software works fine on my laptop but the issues arise when played in a dvd player

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

That's because you have only made a data dvd, ie just burnt the movie file to the disc. It is not a video dvd, so won't play in a dvd player.

Try this free app from the App Store, although I haven't tried it.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/1-click-dvd-creator/id875804311?mt=12

3. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

Thanks for finding and linking this app. Seems to be sophisticated. I have downloaded it and will try it tomorrow.

Just a sidenote: After installing this app I uninstalled Smartconverter. No more need. Most interestingly Smartconverter wanted to access my contacts. Why would a file converter want to access your contacts? ☝️