Having trouble deleting in Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by operaman2008, Mar 10, 2009.

1. operaman2008 macrumors newbie

Basically, I'm having a very frustrating time just trying to delete this one message. I'll click delete and the the message wont go away, it'll just just fade into a gray color and the delete button, while I have the message highlighted, will say "undelete." However, the message is not moved the to trash and if I move away from the Inbox and then come back the message is regular again like I had never tried to delete it. I hope you guys can see this video so you can get a visual of the situation. Thanks.
    http://screencast.com/t/EUN9as9gEbc

operaman2008

2. steveca macrumors 6502

i believe that the problem is because you are deleting mail which is in the gmail account... i guess that what is happening is that it is stored in the gmail account and then automatically redownloaded from gmail. (that is why you receive it again) and that is why there is the working indicator...

i guess try to go into the gmail account and delete it from there. it should work... also try the settings of gmail... you might get an option over there to 'sync' mail...

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's a case of deleting the message on your computer but not from the server, so the next time it refreshes (syncs) the deleted message re-appears. Try taking a look at Google's recommended settings for Apple Mail. If they match up with yours, you shouldn't be experiencing this issue.

4. operaman2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks a lot. I've got it all fixed now.

operaman2008